There are several signs and indicators which show that you’re really passionate about something. You know you are really passionate about something when…
- You wake up in the morning and you can’t wait to start working on it.
- You can’t really get to bed because you keep thinking about it.
- Your eyes light up and your heart jumps whenever someone talks about it.
- You can’t stop talking about it.
- You spend a great deal of time reading about it.
- You may be doing your usual chores or routines, but you find yourself daydreaming about it.
- You are willing to give it all and go the distance for it.
- You are ready to put in the required work hours to make it happen.
- Working on it gives you a deep sense of meaning and fulfillment.
- You are willing to continue working on it even when you don’t feel like it or when the emotional high and hype has worn out.
- The criticisms from the sceptics and naysayers cannot hold you back.
- You are willing to forsake other endeavours and opportunities to pursue this one.
- Others say that you are being “extreme” when you are just responding appropriately to that conviction of yours.
- You gravitate towards that book, magazine, television show, forum, discussion board, etc which relates to the topic of your passion.
- Hours feel like minutes and minutes feel like seconds when you are working on it.
- You believe that this endeavour is worth pursuing even when others would rather have you do something else.
- Doing it just “feels right”.
- You are alright doing it even when the tangible rewards don’t seem apparent yet.
- You’re not just consuming things (like embracing risks and opportunities), but creating things (your insights, perspectives and personal touch).
- Talking about it is not good enough; there has to be something done about it.
- You keep trying even after falling and failing several times.
- Your passion inspires other like-minded folks.
- Others start to recognise that doing this thing is your kind of thing.
- You are always finding ways to bring this to the next level.
- You know that at the end of the day, you won’t regret doing this because it was well worth the effort.
What are you passionate about, and how do you know you’re passionate about it?
Leave a Reply